Publisher Lightning Games and developer The station they announced a city builder game SteamWorld Build for PlayStation 5, Xbox series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Transitionand PC (Steam). It will start in 2023. A demo is now available for PC.
Game review via Thunderful Games:
be an architect SteamWorld mining town! Build and build houses for your steam robot citizens, feed them and provide some rooting fun.
Beneath your city lies an abandoned mine, rumored to be filled with ancient technology that holds the key to escaping impending doom. Use the natural resources above ground and the abundant ores buried in the mine to expand your city. Stimulate new levels of living to join the quest to dig deeper, uncover untold riches, and ultimately help them make it to the top off the planet!
As the city expands in all directions, new types of steamers find their way into the settlement, and it becomes more and more complicated to meet their needs. You have to make sure that everyone will do their best to please everyone.
Buy items to increase the efficiency of buildings. Keep the goods flowing up and down the mine by speeding up the miners with electric shocks. Or just barter at the local train station and get what you need that way. It’s all up to you!
Mine and Explore
As you hunt deeper and deeper in the mine for riches, eventually something will start hunting you back. Protect your workers from creepy creatures and keep walls from caving in as you explore the deeper levels of your mine.
- Build your own unique city.
- Discover and develop an interesting mine.
- Manage and optimize increasingly complex resource chains.
- Fight the dangers you will face.
- SteamWorld universe.
- Easy to pick up and play with a traditional keyboard and mouse or controller.
- Trade resources at the local train station and meet special visitors to help.
- Discover five different SteamWorld inspired maps full of secrets.
- Three well-balanced difficulty levels to challenge all players.”
Watch the announcement trailer below. Check out the first screenshots in the gallery.