The July 2022 update to the Google Play System is set to bring a complete “Google Wallet” rebrand, along with some new forms of “multi-device experience.”
While much of Android is open source and highly customizable, many of the most important features of our phones are actually powered by Google Play Services. This main app works together with the Play Store and Android’s monthly “Google Play system updates”. Google every month continuously releases patch notes for this trio (otherwise known as “Google System”).
The easiest way to check if you need to update Google Play Services on your phone is to follow the app’s direct link. Play Store list and update from there if available. To update the Play Store, tap your avatar in the corner, then tap Settings. In the About section, you will see an option to Update Play Store. Meanwhile, Google Play system updates can be found via the Settings app under About Phone > Android version > Google Play system update.
Google released the first batch of July Play System update notes a little later than usual this month, probably because of the holiday on the first Monday. In the first wave, we see Google Pay coming very soon, along with the previously announced rebranding to Google Wallet. previously viewed Material that you have redesigned.
Another section suggests that Android developers will have new ways to create “multi-device experiences.” It probably refers to Nearby Share APIs Announced at Google I/O. Additionally, it looks like Google’s July updates will fix the “Data & Privacy” tab in account settings.
Google Play System updates for July 2022
- [Phone] The section headings in the Data and Privacy tab of Google account settings have a new look.
- [Phone] APIs for developers to create seamless multi-device experiences.
Google Play Store
- Improvements to the “Play While Downloading” feature to allow players to play mobile games while continuing to reduce app download wait times.
- New Features to help you discover your favorite Apps and Games.
- Optimizations that enable faster and more reliable download and installation.
- New features to Play Pass and Play Points programs.
- Improvements to Google Play Billing.
- Continuous improvements to Play Protect to keep your device safe.
- Various performance optimizations, bug fixes, and improvements for security, stability, and availability.
- [Phone] Provide the ability to filter purchasable data plans by different categories from the carrier.
- [Phone] Updates user experience to latest Google Material design, rebrands as “Google Wallet”.
- New developer features for Google and third-party app developers to support Maps-related developer services in their apps.
FTC: We use automatic affiliate links that generate income. More.