Saudi Arabia vs USMNT
September 27, 2022
New Condomina Stadium; Murcia, Spain
Pre-game coverage: 1:30 pm ET on FS1, UniMas, TUDN
Start: 2pm on FS1, UniMas, TUDN
Social Media: @USMNT is on Twitter And Instagram; American football is on. Facebook American football app
Today’s USMNT Starting XI vs Saudi Arabia: 1-Matt Turner, 2-Sergino Dest, 3-Walker Zimmerman, 4-Tyler Adams, 5-Aaron Long, 8-Weston McKenney, 10-Christian Pulisic (captain), 19-Ricardo Pepi, 21-Gio Reyna, 22 – DeAndre Yedlin, 23 – Kellyn Acosta
Substitutes: 18-Ethan Horvat, 25-Sean Johnson, 6-Sam Vince, 7-Paul Ariola, 9-Jesus Ferreira, 11-Brendan Aaronson, 12-Eric Palmer-Brown, 13-Jordan Morris, 14-Luca De La Torre. , 15- Johnny Cardoso, 16- Mark McKenzie, 17- Malik Tillman, 24- Josh Sargent, 26- Joe Schaal
- USMNT Starting XI Cap Numbers (including this match): DeAndre Yedlin (75), Kellyn Acosta (53), Christian Pulisic (52), Weston McKenney (37), Walker Zimmerman (33), Tyler Adams (32), Aaron Long ( 29), Matt Turner (20), Sergino Dest (19), Joe Reyna (14), Ricardo Pepi (12)
- Today’s starting XI has an average age of 25 years and 73 days.
- The lineup averaged 33 caps – the highest average cap number for a USMNT Starting XI as of October 15, 2019 in Canada (36 caps).
- Greg Berhelter made four changes for Friday’s match against Japan: DeAndre Yedlin in the back line, Kellyn Acosta in midfield and Ricardo Pepi and Christian Pulisic.
- Returning to the lineup after being ruled out of Friday’s match, Christian Pulisic leads the XI.Th Tonight time. The USMNT is 7-1-2 when Pulisic wears the armband.
- DeAndre Yedlin gets 75Th For the USMNT cap, moving into a tie for 31 with Mike BurnsSt On the team’s all-time watch list. This was Yedlin’s second appearance against Asian opposition, his first for the United States coming on February 1, 2014 against Korea Republic.
- Ricardo Pepi earned his first cap since starting the final World Cup qualifier in Costa Rica on March 30.
- Matt Turner became the ninth USMNT goalkeeper to reach 20 caps. The 27-year-old has a 14-3-2 record with 13 clean sheets in his previous 19 games. He sits just two games behind Nick Rimando (22) for eighth on the team’s goaltending list.
- Tyler Adams, Christian Pulisic and Walker Zimmerman all have 10 wins.Th In the year The 2022 matches, with Antoine Robinson at the helm of the team, have been tied.
- With today’s games, Adams and Zimmerman will also tie their career-highest appearances in a calendar year. Both players have played 10 times in 2021.
- Kellyn Acosta, Tyler Adams and Weston McKenney line up for the first time in a three-man midfield.
- Meanwhile, Ricardo Pepi, Christian Pulisic and Gio Reina will make their debut in today’s game as a front three.
- Ricardo Pepi and Christian Pulisic made their international debuts against Asian opposition.
- Defenseman Reggie Cannon suffered a sore left groin following Friday’s game and was ruled out today.
- The USMNT will field 25 players while Saudi Arabia will field 26 for today’s game. Six substitutions are allowed at three separate times. Half time does not count as substitution time.
- The USMNT is 3-2-0 all-time against Saudi Arabia. It was the first between the nations since the 1999 FIFA Confederations Cup third-place match, when the USMNT won 2-0 behind goals from Paul Bravo and Brian McBride.
- USMNT head coach Gregg Berhalter made his international debut on October 19, 1994 in a friendly against Saudi Arabia in Darren. The USMNT is 36-10-9 in 55 games under Gregg Berhalter.
- Ivan Bebek from Croatia will be the referee for tonight’s game. This is the first time he has led a USMNT match.