Game review via SEGA:
Worlds collide in Sonic the Hedgehog’s newest high-speed adventure. Searching for the lost Chaos Emeralds, Sonic is stranded on an ancient island full of strange creatures. Players will battle hordes of powerful enemies as they explore the breathtaking world movement, adventure and mystery. Players will rise to new heights and experience the thrill of high-speed, open-zone platforming freedom as they race across the islands of Starfall. Welcome to the evolution of Sonic games.
- Experience All New Open Zone Platforming – Race across the Starfall Islands, filled with dense forests, cascading waterfalls and hissing desert landscapes, each with unique action-platforming challenges and hidden secrets to uncover.
- Unparalleled High Speed Freedom – See what each island has to offer at a speed only Sonic can deliver. Players can forge trails and explore side quests as they see fit, solve puzzles, scale giant structures, go fishing, and meet a friend or two along the way.
- Challenge yourself in Cyberspace – Explore portals scattered across the islands and race through each Cyberspace level, featuring signature 3D platforming at Sonic speeds and multiple challenges to test your skills.
- Cyber Power Struggle – Players can use an all-new combat system and skill tree upgrades to fight strategically, combining dodges, dodges, counters, combos, and the new Cyloop ability to destroy mysterious enemies and giant titans.
- A new adventure full of mystery and intrigue – Become Sonic and uncover the secrets behind the ruins of an ancient civilization oppressed by hordes of robots. With nothing but a few questions and a disembodied voice to guide him, Sonic sets out to save his friends and the mysterious inhabitants of the Starfall Islands from a giant, mechanized menace.
Watch the trailer below.
TGS 2022 Trailer