The closed beta test will feature cross-play, as well as eight playable characters and the following modes: Ranked Match, Random Match, Battle Center Match, Open Tournament, Extreme Battle, Game Center and Training Mode.
Capcom also released a new set of trailers showcasing the game’s World Tour, Fighting Ground, and Battle Hub game modes, new real-time commentators Kosuke Hiraiwa and Demon Kakka, and announcing a closed beta test.
Get the latest details below.
Street fighter 6 Knockout combos, new information on the World Tour and Battle Hub, the reveal of four characters, a new Extreme Battle mode, plus the introduction of an upcoming closed beta test continue their momentum!
World Tour and Battle Center
First, major updates were announced for the World Tour and Battle Hub, including:
- World tour – Players will be able to create their own avatar with multiple customization options to reflect their personal style and abilities. As players progress through the immersive story mode, they will power up their avatar through Street Battles with various NPCs and meet masters like Ryu and Chun-Li who will teach them special moves from their repertoire. All the residents and opponents of the World Tour never back down from a challenge and will seamlessly transition from conversation to battle.
- Battle Center – Players can take their custom avatar to the Battle Center, which serves as a lobby area to find matches against other players from around the world, including online tournaments. When two players are sitting on one behind Cabinets placed back-to-back throughout the Battle Center can start a match with the entire Battle Center as spectators. Players can also visit the Game Center to play retro Capcom classics Street Fighter II and Final Battle.
Second on the bill was the return of four World Warriors to the streets:
- Ken – Charges of organization a crimeThe plot forced Ken, a former US National Fighting Champion and former Vice President of the Masters Foundation, to abandon his family and business to go into hiding. As a legend in the Street Fighter series, Ken packs a classic moveset with new additions that keep things fresh.
- White – Friendly adventure Blanka, a tour guide and conservationist, features the return of her signature Electric Lightning and Rolling Attacks, plus the new Blanka-chan Bombs and Lightning Monster moves.
- Dhalsim – A monk and yoga master, Dhalsim teaches his familiar fire techniques from past games, while also mastering moves like Yoga Fire, Yoga Peacock, Yoga Comet, and Yoga Flame.
- E. Honda – E. Honda, a world-traveling sumo wrestler, combines the old with the new, bringing back trademark moves like the Hundred Hand Slap and Sumo Head Fight, plus the all-new Sumo Stone, which he advances with a traditional sumo mix.
Extreme battle mode
An all-new Extreme Battle mode enters the Battleground to offer a new way to spice up matches with unconventional settings. These fast and furious battles are defined by new Rules and Cheats that make every match an experience everyone can enjoy. Rules define a win condition for players, while Gimmicks add a new level of fun, like the stampeding bull that occasionally interferes with the game.
Two more commentators, Kosuke Hiraiwa (play-by-play commentator) and His Highness Demon Kakka (color commentator) have been revealed for the Real-Time Commentary feature. Kosuke Hiraiwa is a renowned esports master who brings his experience and expertise to you. Street fighter 6. HEDemon Kakka is the lead singer of the Japanese heavy metal band Seikima-II. While they interpret your matches in Japanese, there will be accompanying subtitles for any of the 13 supported languages displayed on the screen if selected.
Closed Beta Test
Finally, the closed beta test will run from October 7th to 10th, 2022 on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and cross-play enabled Steam! The closed beta test includes Ranked Match, Random Match, Battle Center Match, Open Tournament, Extreme Battle, Game Center and Training Mode. Eight characters will be playable during the test, including Ryu, Chun-Li, Luke, Jamie, Guile, Kimberly, Juri, and Ken.
Check out the new trailers below. Check out the new set of screenshots in the gallery.
World Tour, Battlefield and Battleground Game Mode Trailer
Announcing the Closed Beta Test Trailer
Real-Time Commentary Feature: Kosuke Hiraiwa and HEDemon Kakka Trailer