This is simply the calm ahead of the Boston Red Sox. Offseason storm?

The Red Sox are in free agency or trade — but team president and CEO Sam Kennedy indicated Wednesday at the Major League Baseball owners’ meetings in New York that Boston is. It is ready to make waves.

“Coming out of (last week’s) GM meetings, I can tell you we’re very aggressive, even though I know people don’t want to hear how aggressive we are,” Kennedy said, according to the Boston Globe’s Michael Silverman. ve been, because it means nothing until there is something to announce.

But I can tell you that we offer discounts to many players, including our own players. And we are cautiously hopeful that things will begin to move in this direction.

Although Kennedy (obviously) did not specify which. External free agents The Red Sox are targeting, with the club confirming offers to both Xander Bogaerts and Rafael Devers per Silverman. It’s Bogarts. Free agent After exiting the contract (and Rejection of Boston’s qualifying offer), as Devers prepares to hit the open market next to Season

Boston’s front office has insisted on its desire to keep both franchise pillars for the foreseeable future, with Red Sox chief baseball officer Chaim Blue admitting last week that Bogart is part of the organization. Priority At this time. Both players are young, talented stars who can handle the pressure that comes with playing in Boston.

According to Silverman, Kennedy said, “You have to put that in the calculus. “It’s not for everyone. It is powerful. There’s a lot of scrutiny.”



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *